Dr. Kracker was founded in 2003 in Dallas, Texas by a group of European and American bakers with a unique love for Artisan breads. It was their experience and passion that brought them together in the pursuit of bringing true European Crispbreads to the North American market. The vision of marrying the European time tested process of artisan baking with the desire and need for healthier Crispbreads, flatbreads and snacks created what has become Dr. Kracker today.
Dr. Kracker’s continued growth and success led to the company opening a new larger bakery in Plano, TX in 2010. This new bakery is dedicated to producing nothing but the highest quality health orientated Crispbreads and snacks in an eco-friendly environment.
The Doctor Delivers!
- Taste - With Dr. Kracker you get the rich, toasty taste of organically grown whole seeds and whole grains as well as an abundance of plant-based protein, heart healthy fiber and essential micronutrients. Flavors emphasize the whole grains and seeds, as well as the natural caramelization process rather than sugar and fat.
- Health - Seeds! Packed with protein, fiber, and essential fatty acids, seeds are nature’s nutritional power houses and form the basis of Dr. Kracker’s award winning flavors. No funky sugar, (no HFCS “corn sugar”), no trans fats ever in any shape or form and no empty calories.
Our Position on Sustainability
- Sustainability – Begins with our focus on healthy food. For a population to be sustainable, it must be healthy. Our emphasis on whole grain and whole seed, low-sugar to no-sugar Crispbread/crackers means we are providing solutions to chronic disease and to rampant obesity.
- Organic Certification - Organic means sustainable farming. By supporting organics, we are reducing pesticides in our water and soil. It means improving soil fertility in a natural and non-chemical way. Perhaps most importantly, organics limit the amount of chemical fertilizers applied and reduce the unabsorbed reactive nitrogen whose pollution threatens the biodiversity of our waters and oceans. Some of our products are certified Organic not all.
- Environmental – Dr. Kracker is the first bakery of its type to use a heat absorber. This new technology recycles all of our oven heat instead of releasing it into the Plano skies and then recycles this heat to run our proof boxes, to partially air condition the bakery and to chill our water supply. Further, this technology purifies all air released from the bakery, reducing CO-2 and removing all the volatile acids and particles that a normal bakery would emit.
- Packaging – All of our paper board and plastic is fully recyclable.