Caramelized Ginger Pears
- 8 boxes of your friends’ favorite Dr. Kracker
- 4 lbs. firm, ripe Anjou pears, peeled and chopped
- 2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 c. firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 c.crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 2 Tbls. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 8 4 oz. decorative jars
Stir together all ingredients in a large pot and let stand at room temperature stirring occasionally for 2 hours.
Bring mixture to a boil over medium high heat while stirring constantly. Reduce to low and cook 1 hour until mixture is thickened and golden. Cool completely.
Spoon into 8 4 oz. jars. Wipe the rim and secure tightly. Decorate with ribbons and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Pair with a box of Dr. Kracker for the perfect Christmas present or party favor!