Scrumptious Salad with Maple Vinaigrette
- Your favorite Dr. Kracker Crispbreads or Snackers
- 1 6 oz. package pecan halves
- 2 Tbls. butter, melted
- 3 Tbls. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. curry powder
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground red pepper
- 1/3 c. cider vinegar
- 2 Tbls. pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbls. Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2/3 c. olive oil
- 1 10 oz. package baby spinach
- 1 Gala apple, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 4 oz. package goat cheese, crumbled
To prepare pecans: Preheat oven to 350F. Toss pecans in butter and stir in sugar, ginger, curry powder, 1/8 tsp. salt, and ground red pepper. Spread coated pecans in a single layer on an aluminum foil lined pan and bake for 10-13 minutes until toasted and fragrant. Cool and separate with a fork.
To prepare vinaigrette: Whisk together cider vinegar with maple syrup, mustard, salt, and pepper. Slowly add oil while whisking vigorously until well blended.
To prepare salad: Combine spinach with the sliced apple, onion, and goat cheese. Toss vinaigrette into salad just before serving and sprinkle in pecans. Serve with Dr. Kracker!