Sweet Potato and Peanut Soup
- Box of your favorite Dr. Kracker Snackers and Crispbreads
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 Tbls. oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 c. reduced sodium tomato juice
- 1 4 oz. can of diced green chiles
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tsps. ground allspice
- 1 15 oz. can of vegetable broth
- 1/2 c. smooth natural peanut butter
- chopped cilantro and lime wedges for garnish
Prick sweet potatoes in several places with a fork and microwave on high until just cooked through, about 7 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large sauce pan over medium high heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes until it begins to brown. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes more. Stir in juice, green chiles, ginger, and allspice. Boil gently for 10 minutes.
Once cool, peel the sweet potato and chop into bite sized pieces. Add half to the pot, and add the other half to a food processor along with broth and peanut butter. Puree until smooth. Add puree to the pot and stir until combined. Garnish and serve immediately with some delicious Dr. Kracker snackers.